5k (3.11 miles) run or 2-mile fitness walk
Saturday, May 6th; run and walk start time: 9:00 am
Both the 5k run and 2-mile fitness
walk will begin at The Esplanade at Locust Point, 1901 W. Butterfield Road, Downers Grove.
- Register Feb. 1 to Feb. 28: 5K ($38), 2-mile walk ($32.50), and 2-mile walk for kids (FREE – age 13 and under).
- Register March 1 to March 31: 5K ($43), 2-mile walk ($38), and 2-mile walk for kids (FREE – age 13 and under).
- Register April 1 to May 2: 5K ($48), 2-mile walk ($43), and 2-mile walk for kids (FREE – age 13 and under).
- Sign up for the Human Race here, and be sure to select Literacy DuPage as the nonprofit organization you support.
- E-mail Sang Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org to let him know you’ve joined our team and provide him with the name, e-mail address, and phone number you used to sign up!
Why Run for Literacy DuPage?
For the Cause
Literacy DuPage provides free, accessible, and customized tutoring in English to adults in DuPage County. Since 1972, we have served more than 10,000 adults through our trained volunteer tutors. Our tutors help learners gain the life skills that they need to survive and thrive in our community. In the 2016 Fiscal Year, our tutors empowered 503 learners to gain 2,462 new skills as family members, 975 new skills as community members, and 847 new skills as workers. These skills were applied by our learners to read to their children, describe medical symptoms, earn driver’s licenses, and gain employment, among many other practical applications.
The purpose of the Human Race is to raise awareness and money for local nonprofit organizations. It is a low-pressure, friendly event. Many runners and walkers come to the Human Race with their friends and families. Some may walk with strollers, and some may run in costume. Come join us in the fun!
For Health and Fitness
Spring will be here soon! If you need a reason to get off the couch and stretch your legs, why not support our cause and join us outside?