This morning, I renamed our blog The Spark.
Up to now, the tail end of our website’s navigation menu was ultra plain: “blog.”
In the midst of brainstorming the stories and ideas we will share here, Antoinette, a member of our Marketing & Outreach committee, suggested we needed a more captivating label for the blog.
She was right. Our stories deserve an exciting container. One that stokes curiosity. Invites interest. Inspires action.
“Maybe we could call it The Spark,” she suggested, “after the logo.”
Yes! Antoinette was responding to one of the most powerful aspects of our organization’s brand: the positive energy that results when people come together to share and solve a problem.
Our logo tells this story.
Take a look:
See the two speech bubbles? One represents a learner, the other a tutor. Notice where they intersect. In that intersection, the two create a spark of light. Incredible!
Every time I see the logo, I think of the sparks Literacy DuPage ignites when any of us put our hearts and minds together:
- When a learner and tutor sit side by side, working on a specific phrase. Spark!
- When a trainer helps a tutor find a new way to teach a tricky concept. Spark!
- When a willing spirit connects with our volunteer coordinator and finds the perfect outlet for time and energy. Spark!
- When our program director partners with a business owner who wants to give workers the advantage of strong language skills. Spark!
- When a generous person asks our executive director what Literacy DuPage needs—and then satisfies that need with a financial gift. Spark!
The spark is a fitting symbol for the results we’re achieving through Literacy DuPage. And The Spark a great name for our blog.
In the weeks and months and years to come, we look forward to informing and inspiring you here, with The Spark. We hope our stories light your fire to take part in the purpose of Literacy DuPage.