In the News
- Literacy DuPage was one of 31 not-for-profit organizations to receive a grant through DuPage Foundation’s Community Needs Grant Program. During the Fall 2021 cycle, DuPage Foundation awarded $432,193 to organizations working in the areas of education, arts & culture, environment, and animal welfare. Literacy DuPage received a grant in the amount of $20,000 to support its one-to-one tutoring program. For more, click here.
- Literacy DuPage is a recipient of the Nicor Gas Charitable Giving grant in the amount of $2,500. These funds will be used to recruit and train new tutors and provide their ongoing support.
- The Grove Foundation in Downers Grove awarded Literacy DuPage a $1,000 grant. Literacy DuPage is grateful for this support.
- Our Executive Director was a guest on WDCB Weekly on Sunday, September 26th. The radio program broadcasts from the College of DuPage.
- On September 15th, Literacy DuPage Executive Director Bobbi Burgstone was interviewed by NCTV17, Naperville’s community television station. You can watch the full interview here:
- Illinois Secretary of State and State Librarian Jesse White recently announced the 2021 Spotlight on Literacy Awards winners. A Literacy DuPage student and tutor both received awards! You can read their full stories in the Daily Herald.
- Literacy DuPage recently received an extraordinary gift of $10,000 from a tutor with the intention of introducing a program of curriculum materials for new tutors fresh out of training at Literacy DuPage. This initiative launched as a pilot program in September. Read the story in a recent e-newsletter. Want to stay in the know and receive Literacy DuPage news? Sign up here!
- Wintrust Bank recently presented a generous gift of 13 new computers to Literacy DuPage. These devices have been provided to lower-income adult learners in DuPage County, who were limited to receiving virtual one-to-one tutoring via cell phones. Read more here.
- Literacy DuPage was fortunate to have received PPP funding in both rounds for a total of $99,340.