Poor English-language skills can increase isolation Not knowing English in America can cause a learner to feel lonely and detached. For Literacy DuPage learner Soyoung, not being able to interact in her community left her with feelings of depression. Then she heard about Literacy DuPage from a friend, and she was excited for the opportunity…
In the News
- Literacy DuPage is participating in Giving DuPage Days (April 26 – 30), a DuPage County Week of Giving! Learn more here.
- Literacy DuPage is featured in the April 2021 NaperScene section of the Naperville Magazine. Read the article here.
- Literacy DuPage is fortunate to have received PPP funding in both rounds for a total of $104,240.
- Literacy DuPage was recently awarded a $5,250 grant from the City of Naperville! Details can be found here.
- Meet and give a warm welcome to our new Executive Director, Bobbi Burgstone! Read more here.
- The Ilinois Secretary of State and State Librarian Jesse White recently announced the winners of the 2020 Spotlight on Literacy Awards, which recognize participants in Illinois literacy programs. One Literacy Dupage student and two Literacy DuPage tutors received awards! Learn more about their hard work and determination, which led them to receive their well-deserved awards here.