In the News
- Literacy DuPage thanks Anderson’s Bookshops and everyone who participated in our Holiday Book Fair! It was a wonderful event with the community, and we greatly appreciate the support. Sales of $1,377.30 were generated, and $275.46 was raised!
- Thank you to our 50th Anniversary celebration supporters, who generously donated a variety of gifts for our monthly tutor and learner prize drawings throughout 2022!
- The November 9th 9-store Portillo’s fundraiser brought $2,152 in sales and a $431 donation from Portillo’s!
- We welcome new members to the Board of Directors: Amit Vyas, Cindy Tomei, Stephen Fisher, Nirel Inman, Britt Garton Pisto, and Michele Smith. Literacy DuPage appreciates their knowledge, enthusiasm, and participation.
- On May 11, Illinois Secretary of State and State Librarian Jesse White announced the 2022 Spotlight on Literacy Awards winners. Literacy DuPage student Roy Blake received the “Spotlight Award for Achievement”, and tutor Liz Stefanski was granted the “Spotlight Award for Service”. Congratulations to both of these committed, hand-working program participants!
- BIG News! Literacy DuPage is proud and delighted to announce the celebration of 50 years in business! For five decades, Literacy DuPage has provided free, customized, one-to-one instruction to DuPage County adults interested in learning English and improving their language skills. This is thanks to our devoted tutors, students, staff, board members, other volunteers, donors, and funders over the years, all of whom had meaningful parts to play in creating and sustaining our successful program. Our 50th anniversary is an extraordinary milestone, a major accomplishment. Thank you for sharing this exciting occasion with us! For more of the story, visit https://conta.cc/3wma1yc
- Literacy DuPage Executive Director Bobbi Burgstone was interviewed by NCTV17, Naperville’s community television station. Watch the full interview on YouTube.
- Literacy DuPage received an extraordinary gift of $10,000 from a tutor with the intention of introducing a program of curriculum materials for new tutors fresh out of training at Literacy DuPage. This initiative launched as a pilot program in September. Read the story in a recent e-newsletter. Want to stay in the know and receive Literacy DuPage news? Sign up here