Part-time Bookkeeper/Data Clerk
Founded in 1972, Literacy DuPage is a non-profit organization, whose mission is to provide one-to-one, customized English language tutoring to local area adult learners, who have reached out for help in improving their comprehension, speaking, reading, and writing skills. Many of the learners are immigrants. Literacy DuPage trains volunteers to tutor adults throughout DuPage County to increase their fluency and to communicate successfully, leading to safer, more productive lives.
Be part of this important mission! Bookkeeper/Data Clerk is a part-time bookkeeping and data management position at 12-20 hours per week and reports to the Executive Director.
- Track financial transactions, reconcile bank/credit card accounts, and develop monthly financial report.
- Process bi-weekly payroll using Quickbooks.
- Bill paying.
- Provide data analysis, financial, and statistical information for grant proposals. Track outcomes to meet grant-specific programs.
- Prepare and submit required grant statistical and financial reports.
- Assist in the development of the annual budget and grant budgets and coordinate work papers for annual financial audit.
- Process donations in Quickbooks and track them in DonorSnap.
- Coordinate submission of monthly and annual payroll tax reports and preparation of W-2s.
- Manage the data entry of new tutor and learner information.
- Prepare the monthly tracking and dashboard reports.
- Enter volunteer tutor hours, student achievement logs, and completion rates for post-testing into the database.
- Prepare new hire packets.
- Manage training material inventory and production.
Essential Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree with major coursework in accounting, finance, statistics, or other related field preferred.
- Minimum of four years of bookkeeping/accounting experience.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines. Analytical with an eye for detail.
- Self-starter able to work independently, while also effective as a team member.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer skills required include Quickbooks, databases, and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Possess an interest in non-profit work.
- Overall ease with learning and adapting to new programs and technologies.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, current insurance, and own transportation.
- Familiarity with HR practices.
- Experience with LACES and/or DonorSnap would be a benefit.
Location and Details
Candidate MUST reside in the Chicagoland area. DuPage County resident preferred. Must be fully vaccinated.
The new office is in Wheaton, IL near the DuPage County Government Center.
This opportunity is 12-20 hours per week at $24/hour. Hybrid schedule. Flexible hours.
Interested and qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Executive Director Ms. Bobbi Burgstone at [email protected]