Current Employment Opportunities
Administrative Assistant Job Description
Founded in 1972, Literacy DuPage is a non-profit organization, whose mission is to provide one-to-one, customized English language tutoring to local area adult learners, who have reached out for help in improving their English language comprehension, speaking, reading, and writing skills. Many of the learners are immigrants. Literacy DuPage trains volunteers to tutor adults throughout DuPage County to increase their fluency and to communicate successfully, leading to safer, more productive lives.
This new part-time Administrative Assistant reports to the Executive Director and also supports the Program Manager. His/her skills will contribute to the overall efficiency and success of the team. Share our vision and grow with us.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- General office support, performing routine clerical duties
- Manage donor database, post donations, and generate reports
- Deliver outreach recruitment materials to libraries and other sites throughout DuPage County
- Run new tutor background checks and produce ID cards
- Input learner achievement data for tracking and reporting
- Maintain HR files and prepare new hire packets
- Tally staff timesheet hours by category
- Track conversation group data
- Prepare, box up, and deliver tutor training materials; Ensure adequate inventory of materials
- Coordinate tutors and instructors for a new classroom tutoring program
- Assist with fundraising projects and events
- Maintain staff and board contact lists
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an administrative assistant or office manager role
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently with minimal guidance and with a team
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, accountability, and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Excel, Word, & Outlook and database work
- Overall ease with learning and adapting to new programs and technologies
- Must have a valid Illinois driver’s license, current insurance, and own transportation
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Knowledge of human resources practices
Offices are housed at College of DuPage, Glen Ellyn, IL. At this time, staff continues to work remotely.
Candidate must reside in the Chicagoland area. DuPage County resident preferred. Must be fully vaccinated.
This opportunity is 15-25 flexible work hours per week at $17/hour. Mileage for deliveries is re-imbursed.
Interested and qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Executive Director Bobbi Burgstone at [email protected]