Founded in 1972, Literacy DuPage is a non-profit organization, whose mission is to provide one-to-one, customized English language tutoring to local area adult learners, who have reached out for help in improving their comprehension, speaking, reading, and writing skills. Many of the learners are immigrants. Literacy DuPage trains volunteers to tutor adults throughout DuPage County to increase their fluency and to communicate successfully, leading to safer, more productive lives.
This part-time Administrative Assistant reports to the Executive Director. His/her skills will contribute to the overall efficiency and success of the team.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- General office support, performing routine clerical duties and answering phones
- Data entry — Input learner intake and achievement data and tutor packets for tracking and reporting
- Maintain HR files and prepare new hire packets
- Record workshop registrations and communicate with registrants
- Manage donor database, post donations, and generate reports
- Run new tutor background checks and produce ID cards
- Tally staff timesheet hours by category
- Prepare, box up, and distribute tutor training materials; Ensure adequate inventory of materials
- Assist with fundraising projects and events
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in an administrative assistant or office manager role
- Go-getter with the ability to work independently with minimal guidance and with a team
- Stellar work ethic; Excellent organizational, prioritization, accountability, and time management skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Strong database experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, & Outlook
- Overall ease with learning and adapting to new programs and technologies
- Must have a valid Illinois driver’s license, current insurance, and own transportation
- Experience with LACES data management system
- Knowledge of human resources practices
The new office is in Wheaton, IL. At this time, most staff works a hybrid schedule. The Administrative Assistant will be in office.
Candidate must reside in the Chicagoland area. DuPage County resident preferred. Must be fully vaccinated.
This opportunity is 20-25 hours per week at $18/hour.
Interested and qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Executive Director Ms. Bobbi Burgstone at [email protected]